Car collisions with pedestrians are too common in the United States. A pedestrian can be anyone walking, running, hiking, sitting or even laying down. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2017 alone, one pedestrian was killed in traffic crashes every 88 minutes in the United States. Another 137,000 pedestrians were sent to emergency rooms for non-fatal injuries. The injuries in these cases are often quite severe - so for these crashes it is more important than ever to have the right legal team. Travis Legal Offices, LLC has represented many pedestrians who were hit by cars. If you or someone you know was a pedestrian hit by a vehicle, call Travis Legal Offices, LLC to discuss your case with us at no cost to you (303-766-8766).
Our attorneys know how to do the research, investigation, and work to give our clients the Respect, Response and Results that they deserve. The CDC also gives information about crash risks to pedestrians:
- Alcohol is involved in 47% of pedestrians deaths;
- For children under the age of 15, 1/5 deaths from all traffic collisions were pedestrians;
- Pedestrians who were 65+ years old accounted for 20% of all pedestrian deaths;
- Most deaths occur in urban areas, non-intersections, and at night.
Pedestrians can protect themselves in a number of ways:
- Increasing visibility at night (by carrying a flashlight or reflective clothing);
- Cross streets at crosswalks;
- Use the sidewalk if possible;
- Avoid distracting devices (like phones or headphones)
The links below have more information on pedestrian collisions:
- Pedestrian Safety (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration);
- Safe Routes to School (U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration);
- Pedestrian safety manual (World Health Organization)
Travis Legal Offices, LLC will give you the representation that you deserve in a pedestrian collision case.