In 2020 there were 11,654 fatalities in motor vehicle traffic crashes where at least on driver was alcohol impaired (NHTSA, 2022). On average in 2020 one-alcohol impaired driving fatality occurred every 45 minutes.
IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDERS:
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
- Always plan your safe ride home before you go out.
- If you do choose to drink call a taxi, a ride-hailing service, or ask a sober friend or family member to take you home.
- If you are hosting a party where alcohol is served do not be afraid to ask your guests to plan ahead and designate a sober driver or offer them a place to stay until they become sober.
- If someone you know has been drinking, don't let them drive.
- Make sure to always wear your seat belt.
- If you see someone who is impaired driving on the road, pull over and contact local law enforcement (911) or dial *277 (Colorado).